How I Got Here

April 29, 2017



I figured I should start off with how this trip came to be. I have been fortunate to go to a diverse high school with students of all different backgrounds and nationalities. I've gotten to meet many international students during my four years there, and have even got the chance to visit some of them (last year I went to Vietnam, but more on that later). This particular trip was to visit one of my closest friends, who, for the past year, has been living in Mallorca, Spain. When I was offered to go visit, I was beyond excited to travel abroad for the second time. I had never been to Europe and knew next to no Spanish, but I was up for a new adventure. 

I spent the next few months planning and saving money for the trip. Traveling thousands of miles and navigating airports can be a bit tricky, especially on your own. I wasn't too nervous about it, but I wanted to have everything set, down to where I sat on the plane. This trip was something I did independently, but I certainly couldn't have done it without some help from my family and my friend's family. 

Deia, Mallorca

I should also explain how this project came to be and why I made this blog. Each year every senior has to complete a senior project of their choosing and have a presentation to graduate. I had already been planning to do this trip for months and the idea came to me that this would be an excellent opportunity to explore more of something I was really interested in, traveling and learning about culture. I believe one of the best ways to learn is through experience and this trip to a foreign country was the perfect opportunity do just that. 

I made this blog as part of my project to share my stories and photos. I wanted to display my project in a way that was not only a one time presentation to a small group of people, but instead share with a larger audience and continually be able to add to it. I hope to continue this blog after my project is finished. I plan to have many more trips and adventures abroad and this will allow me to continue sharing my stories. 

While this trip to Spain was a great break from my busy life of school, work, and athletics, I knew this project would be a lot of work. I'm still working on fine tuning my blog and posting content, researching more about the history of the island, and writing about my experiences. I hope that at the end I this project I will have well developed blog with stories and photos about my experience in Mallorca, Spain to share with others. 


Thank you for reading and check out my other posts! Let me know if you have any feedback, I want to make this blog as user friendly and interesting as it can be. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

About Me
I'm Abby, a hopeful globetrotter. I love traveling and new adventures. My latest trip was to Spain and I decided to make this blog to share my experiences and stories.

Where I've been

Popular Posts