Friends in Spain

May 12, 2017




I thought I should make a blog post about my friends that I stayed with and give a little background. I'll refer to some of them by name in my other blog posts about my experiences and stories while I was in Mallorca. I've been friends with my friend Hannah, in the picture above, for several years. We went to high school together and shared a few classes, and we just clicked. She is one of my closest friends and when I heard she was moving to Spain, at least for a year, to visit her family there, I was really disappointed to say goodbye. However, Hannah made me promise to come visit, and almost a year later, I did.



From left to right: Sam, me, Hannah, Sunia, and Arjan

Hannah lives with her mom, abuela (grandmother), Arjan (her brother), and Sam (a friend of theirs who was staying with them for the year). We all managed to fit in their small Spanish house. Also pictured is Sunia, their cousin. We often took trips somewhere all together, four of us crammed in the backseat of the very old car (more stories on that later). It was fun, and everyday was a new adventure with their family. It was a crazy two weeks. 



I also got to meet a lot of their family. I met "everyone and their mother's uncle" as Hannah described. I met many of their aunts and uncles during my time in Mallorca. We went to a picnic on the beach, hiking, and having a meal for their aunt's birthday, just to name a few occasions. During those times I was mostly immersed in Spanish. Hannah sometimes translated things for me and other things I could figure out from a few words I knew or from context. It was a lot of fun to be around a big family, compared to my small, sibling-less one. The memories of the food, the laughter, and the experiences, make me miss being around "everyone and their mother's uncle".



I miss mis amigos (my friends) now that I'm back home. Mallorca is a beautiful place, and seeing it with them made it even better. I will always be grateful for my time in Mallorca and the people who made it an adventure I will always remember.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

About Me
I'm Abby, a hopeful globetrotter. I love traveling and new adventures. My latest trip was to Spain and I decided to make this blog to share my experiences and stories.

Where I've been

Popular Posts